If you have any questions or problems during the season,
please contact the Director of Synchronized Swimming, Joy Evans.
A swimsuit, cap, goggles and a nose plug is required for practices.
2013 Summer Practice Schedule
2013 Synchro age locator grid click here
Synchronized swimming is a combination of the grace of dance and gymnastics, indurance of running, and of course, the skill of swimming. Its a great way to get in shape while having lots of fun in the pool. Synchro with the Haney Neptunes includes being on a team, where many new friendships are made, and with the help of the coaches, and athlete contributions, a routine is choreographed to music that can be heard both above and under water. Syncrho can also be an individual sport during practices. We encourage personal goals, and train and compete numerous different figures that are practiced everyday and some are incorporated into the routines that are made. Syncrhonized swimming is the best way to be fit, have fun, and learn new things everyday. Become a part of our team at the Haney Neptunes Aquatic Club and we look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Head Coach, Chelsea Rogers
Please note that, in addition to your registration fees, there will be other costs with respect to competitions. Among these are:
- a black bathing suit ($20.00 - $40.00) for figures competition as well as a white bathing cap.
- a cost for a specific uniquely designed suit for their team suit ($50.00 - $100.00)
- if also entering a duet another suit cost ($50.00 - $100.00)
The cost for the nose plugs is max. $5.00 and can be purchased at Milo's swim wear or Sportcheck. The Haney Neptunes' swim wear volunteer may have some for resale at cost.
The club supplies all the make-up but, for hygiene reasons, the waterproof mascara is encouraged to be purchased by each swimmer for themselves to re-use.
Hair pieces are made up uniquely each year to represent the theme for each routine. Any and all help is encouraged and needed from parents to make these head pieces at no cost to the members, using left over suit fabric and donated sequences etc.
Synchronized Swimming Star Testing
The Haney Neptune Synchronized Swim Club members were tested for the Star Program. All the Swimmers were tested at the levels that best suit their ability. Congratulations to all of you, keep up the good work!
Reminder – Synchro participants are permitted and encouraged to attend up to 3 swim practices per week during the summer season.
Typical Supplies List for a Synchro Meet
Here is a list of supplies typically needed for synchro competitions. For new swimmers - there are usually parents available at the meet to help with your child's hair and teach you how to do it for the future. Please have athletes arrive at the meet with their hair up in a high ponytail - on the crown of the head. If a few people could bring plug in kettles that would be helpful.
- hair brush
- bobby pins (and bun pins, ask us if you don't know the difference)
- torture comb (brown or a lighter colour for lighter hair) - these are those plastic stretchy hair bands
- hair elastics (the smaller and more discrete the better)
- hair net (brown) usually goody - shoppers has them in packs of 3
- Knox gelatin (1 box of 5 sachets) - yes this goes in the hair to keep it all in place - it's a very fine science!! Newbies will be explained the process on the day of the meet.
- false hair (if needed - hair needs to go up in a bun on the crown of the head so if there's not enough hair you need to make one)
- head piece (working on these)
- black waterproof mascara
- shampoo + baking soda for removing gelatine (expect this process to take a lot of Lather-Rinse-Repeat!)
- plenty of towels
- warm clothes
- healthy snacks and drinks (WATER WATER WATER)
- black suit, white cap, goggles, nose clip x2, team routine suit, head piece
"We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia"