by Haney Neptunes Aquatics Club, 2021-03-27T00:17:58.000-07:00March 27 2021, at 12:17 AM PDT
Welcome to our Summer 2021 season! As everyone is aware, Covid 19 is still causing challenges for all sports. The Haney Neptunes Aquatic Club continues to work with the City of Maple Ridge and is committed to providing all members a safe and exciting swim season. Our safety plan can be found on our website as well as all our registration information.
Please see the below information for summer registration.
• Space in our summer programs are limited! Please register as soon as possible to avoid being wait listed!
• All Registrations must be completed on-line as per BCSSA. The link to the ActiveWorks Swim Manager for on-line Registration will be provided below. There is a non-refundable ActiveWorks user fee for using on-line registration and this fee goes directly to ActiveWorks.
• A multi-person discount is available when registering more than two athletes into our programs. Our on-line registration will automatically provide the discount. Please contact our registrar if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Speed Swimming (Juniors and Seniors) and Swimming/Polo Combo: A $200 fundraising commitment at the time of registration is required for these programs. Please refer to the Fundraising section below.
• July 1st Start is offered to athletes in OCAT 2 (Division 5 and up) and who were previously registered in a HNAC program. A $100 fundraising commitment at the time of registration is required – please refer to the Fundraising section below.
• Water Polo only is subject to $100 fundraising commitment at time of registration – please refer to the Fundraising section below.
• Mini – Hammond will run from May 3 to July 30. No fundraising commitment.
• New athletes registering in our competitive swim program must complete an in-water assessment. The athlete must be able to swim 25m unassisted in a recognizable stoke. Please contact Coach Kim at email@example.com for further details.
• BCSSA requires proof of age for all swimmers (Birth Certificate, CareCard, or other government issue ID). Executive members will be on-deck at the pools to check ID during the first week of practices.
A fundraising commitment of $200 is required of each family at the time of registration in Active. The payment will be delayed in Active until August 1, 2021. The Neptunes have been selling Rotary Duck Race tickets to meet fundraising commitments however this year the tickets are sold on-line due to Covid. We are currently working with the Rotary in order to determine the best way to handle our Duck Race tickets sales. Each family will be required to sell Duck Race tickets which at least matches their $200 fundraising commitment. Sales of tickets in addition to your fundraising commitment are welcome!
All families that match their fundraising commitment will not have to pay the $200 in Active – the Neptunes will cancel this in Active.* There will be no partial refunds for sales less than the fundraising commitment of $200.*
The exceptions to the above is a family that has one swimmer registered and is either a July 1st start or Water Polo only. These programs have a $100 fundraising commitment. If a family has more than one registered swimmer/player, the highest fundraising commitment applies. There will be no partial refunds for sales less than the fundraising commitment of $100.
We will be in a position to send out details on how to sell your Duck Tickets once we have worked out the details with the Rotary.
Please note that the fundraising commitment is family.
Speed Swimming (Seniors) – $350 –
Speed Swimming (Juniors) – $275 –
Mini Hammond Development – $225 –
Water Polo – $175
Swim/Polo (Seniors) – $425 –
Swim/Polo (Juniors) – $350 –
July Starts – $245 –
*Swimmers currently in Groups 1, 2, and 3 – please register for Speed Swimming (Senior).
*Swimmers currently in Groups 4, 5 and 6 – please register for Speed Swimming (Junior).
Please feel free to contact me via email with any questions you might have about registration for the summer competitive season.
Online registration has been setup as follows but please note that if we cannot run our programs as of May 1st all registration fees scheduled to be charged will be deferred and club communication with the registrants will be sent out via email:
1. Complete on-line Registration and select payment options:
• Credit card purchase for all fees payable May 3, 2021; OR
• Credit card purchase over three monthly payments on May 3, June 1 and July 1st
2. Proof of age confirmation —ID for every athlete registering, showing proof of age (i.e. CareCard, birth certificate, passport). ID must be available
during the first week of practices.
3. Fundraising commitment of $200 PER family (with the exception of July 1st Start Athletes only – $100) as outlined above). Fundraising is not required
of the Mini-Hammond program.
4. Please read and complete all waiver and other forms. The new BCSSA Covid-related waiver is now included in on-line registration.
Details on sales of Rotary Duck Tickets to meet your fundraising commitment to follow shortly.
Welcome to Summer 2021 competitive season!